Monday, November 22, 2010

Bullfinch calls

Never having heard a "trumpeting" (or is it "tooting"?) Northern Bullfinch, I had a bit of a search in my collection of bird songs, nothing at all in there, so I went online and voila ;

From Finland by Matthias Feuersenger XC47921 pyrrhula


From Denmark by Niels Krabbe XC25923 pyrrhula


From UK by Stuart Fisher XC26609 pileata

From The Netherlands by Ruud van Beusekom XC29034 europoea

From Russia by Ukolov Ilya XC30551 rossikowi

From Spain by Juan Malo de Molina XC35846 iberiae


Now I know what they sound like

1 comment:

Stewart said...

Great stuff Rich, can you hear that Brambling like note too. I once had one fly behind me at Stobswood calling like that, I knew straight away what it was, and turned to see a big female fly over our street and away never to be seen again. We caught a female too at Felton Lane that called like that, plus I've had male and female at Hauxley with Nigel.... Keep ya lugs open in near coast woods, Holywell Dean might be good?