Tuesday, September 07, 2010

September 7 2010

 

So I’m finished work, I’m driving home.

I’ve no idea what’s been happening today, I’ll find out when I get home, I’ll have a look on the internet with a coffee at hand.

The mobile starts ringing, it’s Alan telling me of migrants at Newbiggin, including an un-streaked acro. These wee beasties can be hard work and this one isn’t playing, but I feel obliged to go and have a look. All I got was very poor flight views, absolutely nothing to help clinch the ID (it was later identified as Marsh Warbler from Stef’s photo).

While here talking to Graeme when he got a text “probable Whiskered Tern East Chev”. Hells bells, that’s a county tick, I was on my way. A few calls made, a few texts sent and I’m heading north, only to get a text on route to say that it was now a White-winged Black Tern, not Whiskered.  When I arrive on site, from the road, I can see two Black Tern over the pool. So I head down to have a “closer” look, three Black Tern and a juv, White-winged Black Tern are flying over the pool and a Marsh Harrier is seen twice.

8D3E0398 (2)

It’s on the edge of science, it’s not in focus, so I didn’t look at it in PhotoShop. In other words it’s crap

Not bad for a work day.

No comments: