Tuesday, July 05, 2011

July 5 2011

Summerhouse Lane ponds were my first stop this morning, looking for some Dragonfly action; none!

Plenty of damselflies, of which, I managed to photograph Emerald and Blue-tailed

Blue-tailed Damselfly

Blue-tailed Damselfly

Emerald Damselfly Emerald Damselfly

Emerald Damselfly

Leaving here, I head south, as the car is facing that way, parked in the lay-by at the roadside. The delightful little seaside village of Cambois is just down the road, and it was here that I head to next.

I parked the car next to a genuine fly-tip area and wander off along the picturesque disused railway lines, and it wasn’t long before I flush the target of my search, Grayling.

GraylingGrayling Grayling 

And then I head for home, my car needs fuel, and I didn’t take my wallet. I have enough to get me back, but if I have enough to get me to a garage, well…

2 comments:

Alan Gilbertson said...

I was at Summerhouse Lane on Sunday, Only two emperors and one four-spot amongst a billion damsels.

Richard Dunn said...

I saw the billion damsels, but no Emperor or Four-spot, must try harder