Wednesday, April 06, 2011

April 6 2011

The bird was on show, but too far for photographs, so the three photographers were just sat, waiting. Two of them together and another twenty meters from them. First, a birder walked up to the single photographer and just stood by him, big against the sky,  and then a much older “birder”, with his nice new shiny optics all tucked up nicely in a pouch, shuffled slowly between the big man, tall against the sky and the single sitting photographer, and the two photographers sitting chatting.
“The bird is just there, what are you doing?” asked one of the two, “just sitting down” said the shuffling older birder as he continued to bear down on the bird, which was now looking very warily at the shuffling man. He, very slowly sat down and looked at the bird, then he stood up and shuffled away, not once having looked through his nice new shiny optics all nicely tucked up in a pouch. (Shakes head in disbelief)
The Shorelark was a bit wary, so the best I could get, are not very good!
Shorelark
This was from the car as I was about to leave, and it’s quite a crop.

4 comments:

Alan Gilbertson said...

Better than the ones I got from the car. As soon as I stopped it walked behind some grass, then the van with the bloke and his dog turned up and all I got were tail shots before I had to hit the road.

Fun day out, mind.

5 hours and stymied at every turn, but the weather was nice.

Might try again tomorrow.

Richard Dunn said...

Yeah, a good afternoon for me, although a bit more of the bird would have been better.
Did you go back today?

Ipin said...

My mate has just been down to see it and reported 'photographer rage'...

Richard Dunn said...

Some of these people that wander about claiming to be birders, have just got no field craft at all.
I don't claim to be flawless, but this knacker yesterday, he nearly got some rage.
I thought I was very restrained