Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April 13 2011

Harthope Valley was the destination this morning. On the way up, I stopped briefly at Arcot, where I had my first Willow Warbler of the year, and then at Branton Gravel pits where I had a load more Willow Warblers.
Driving slowly up the valley, I got my eye onto a Woodcock, feeding at the side of the road and it stayed in the same place long enough for me to get my self organized and then was obliging enough to let me take it’s picture…
Woodcock
…I’ve never before been in a position to be able to see Woodcock from behind and see it’s famed ability of 360 degrees vision…
Woodcock
…still watching!
Further up the valley, I found three Ring Ouzel, one of them was happy to pose…
Ring Ouzel
… until she came along and started making eyes at him and giving him promises, and he was off, after her…
Ring Ouzel
I left the valley and headed in the general direction of home. An hour or so later I’m at Cresswell watching Yellow Wagtails and Avocets, five of each.
Avocet Avocet

No comments: