Wednesday, January 05, 2011

January 5 2011

Today I went twitching!
There, I said it, it’s off my chest, but it still makes me feel dirty!
And to cap it all I didn’t see the bird…
I went to Widdrington Old Tip, for a look at the Redpoll flock, that has a bit of all sorts in it, only today it didn’t appear to have the Arctic Redpoll. Plenty of Common “Mealy” Redpoll, Mike estimated 40 birds, a good number of Lesser Redpoll as well and hundreds of Siskin. I did take some pictures today that looked sort of ok in the camera, but when I looked at them on the computer, I just dumped the lot, they were poor.
Leaving Widdrington I went to Cresswell with Alan and Roger and we spent a pleasant afternoon in the hide, the highlight here being a Merlin that tried hard more than once to catch a Dunlin.

No comments: