Sunday, December 19, 2010

December 19 2010

After a(nother) tip off from Nigel, (this one via Stewart), today I went looking for northern Bullfinch. I saw all of the other stuff there; Goldfinch, Siskin, Lesser and Common “Mealy” Redpoll, but sadly not the object of my search. No pictures either as the light was poor, no sound recordings as the site is next to an opencast and the machinery was just starting as I was there, all way too loud!
A Brown Hare ran past five feet away, followed by another and then by two out of control dogs, which flushed five Woodcock as they ran through the trees and while all of this was going on, the owner was blissfully unaware, too busy smoking his fags and listening to his ipod.
Leaving here I went to Cresswell, where yesterdays Bittern in front of the hide did not repeat itself. In fact the only highlight while there was watching the antics of an idiot dog owner trying to get his out of control dog back to him, although how driving down the road continually blasting the horn works as a dog caller goes way over my head.
Mid way through a ten day stretch to a long weekend, my birding will be limited for a week or two to come

No comments: