Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12 2010

After a tip off from Andy, I went looking for some approachable drake Goosanders today. I found one, but the light was so poor that most of the shots I took got dumped…
Goosander

…the only keeper; and it’s not that good.

So with the light being poor, I went to try my luck elsewhere, again on a tip off, this one from Nigel. I didn’t see (or hear) Marsh Tit at his spot, but not too far away, my luck was in.






 
 
If you listen to the end of the second recording, you can hear the footsteps of a woman crunching through the snow, as she walked her out of control dog!
A little further up the road, in a less populated place, a Wren gave a nice rendition of call and song.






 
On the way home I called in at Newbiggin and saw the Water Pipit. No pictures as it was raining fairly hard, and the pipit was having none of it, it wasn’t approachable for me.

I then went to Holywell for dusk, no sign of the Hen Harrier, which had been seen coming into roost through the week. The only bird of note was a Common Buzzard, which flew west over the village

No comments: