Sunday, September 16, 2012

September 16 2012

This morning I drove up to Cresswell with no plan and that was as far as I got!

After an hour or so it started raining and when that stopped, the wind started to get a bit blowy.

At Cresswell the Bonxie was still around. It’s spent the week dining on Coot!

Great Skua-8D3E9173Great Skua-8D3E9205

a Grey Heron showed nicely in front of the hide

8D3E91758D3E9181

A phone call to Andy from Alan revealed a Pectoral Sandpiper back down the road at Lynemouth Flash, so we had a quick look at that. It was too far off for pictures though. I go back to Cresswell and try to find an interesting wader that Alan had with some Dunlin. It went AWOL before he had a good look at it!

I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, so I gave the beach a try, just in case…

Plenty of Gannets

Gannet-8D3E9229

and at least 14 Red-throated Divers

Red-throated Diver-8D3E9217

and the Red Arrows (for the 2nd time today). The display was at the finish line of the Great North Run. I was standing nearly 19 miles from there!

Red Arrows-8D3E9240

But nothing unusual at all!

No comments: