Thursday, June 07, 2012

June 7 2012

05:00am this morning and at the third attempt this year, I finally catch up with a Marsh Warbler that is definitely a Marsh Warbler!
Marsh Warbler-8D3E8474 Marsh Warbler-8D3E8410
The bird was perched on top of a small bush next to the road, so all pictures and recordings are done from the comfort of the car.




 
I heard it mimic House Sparrow, Swallow, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Dunnock, Sandwich Tern and Oystercatcher. It also did something which sounded to me like Pin-tailed Sandgrouse…
Thanks to Dave for finding it, and Ian for telling me about it, Ta!

2 comments:

Science at Coates said...

Still not sure about my first one. Sorry it was just a Sedge but the bird I saw wasn't... but that might not have been the bird singing. Aah Two bird theory or crap birding by me. Dave E

Richard Dunn said...

Crap birding!
I don't think so!!!
Before I saw the first one, I was sure it was a Marsh...