Monday, June 11, 2012

June 10 2012

Returning from a weekend down South, a missed junction put me at another site that was worth the visit, Twywell Country Park. After a fairly long search, I found the star of the visit, Grizzled Skipper, a tick! Sadly I only saw the one and after a tiresome pursuit, it got away and I didn’t get any pictures.

While trying to re-find the skipper I nearly stand on another lifer, Grass Snake, a big one, and no pictures of that either!

I did get pictures of Green Hairstreak

8D3E8504

and Dingy Skipper (saw plenty of these)

8D3E8520

I leave here and head to the UK hotspot for Black Hairstreak. In the past I have always been too late, this year I was too early! At this time last year they were on the wing, but the crazy weather this year has held them back.

I did however get some canny shots of Scarce Chaser, plenty of these about.

8D3E8532

No comments: