Monday, June 06, 2011

June 6 2011

My stars, the Sun and the Moon are all aligned today; I’m off work and in the house, when I get a text from Stewart at 08:51.

“WHITE-THROATED ROBIN Hartlepool Headland trapped this morning”

From a standing start, I was showered, dressed, in the car, through the traffic and the Tyne Tunnel and watching the bird by 10:16.

White-throated Robin White-throated Robin

The bird moved from one bowling green to another, and seemed faithful to one corner and after seeing it on the road beside the bowling green, I took a chance and sat down on the pavement, and waited. I could hear all the other photographers blasting away at it, but nothing for me, I couldn’t even see it. I was just starting to get nervous, when it appeared on the road again.

With my luck running, I’m just off to put the lottery on…

2 comments:

John said...

I was at my son's in Olive street in Headland opposite the bowling greens yesterday (Sunday)looking out of the window when I spotted the Robin bobbing about on the path opposite.I said to my son "there's a bird out there which looks and moves like a robin but hasn't got a red breast.I'm no expert so I thought I'd look it up in my bird book when I got home. Of course it wasn't in so I didn't persue it any more. My son rang me this evening to tell me about all the activity outside his home and now I know what I saw. Now I want to know where it has come from.John Scully, Doncaster.

Richard Dunn said...

Now that is very intriguing!

The closest that they breed is Turkey, so it's a long way from where it should be.

It's a pity it wasn't in your book, or there might have been a lot more people there this morning

Thanks for that story John