Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24 2014

It was down south, I was dragged there, it was a good bird, etc etc

A phone call from Ian, as I was heading for an expensive dentist visit, set a plan in motion for this afternoon ( I’m gonna say it, “I’m pleased I went”, that wasn’t too painful!)

Todays treat was a British tick Isabelline Wheatear, and very obliging it was too!

Isabelline Wheatear-8D3E5874Isabelline Wheatear-8D3E5997Isabelline Wheatear-8D3E6258Isabelline Wheatear-8D3E6276

Not the most inspiring place, but what a bird

P1020510P1020512P1020513

Also on the beach, a rather splendid Pied Wagtail

Pied Wagtail-8D3E5647

4 comments:

Forsythia said...

From now on, I plan to click on "NEXT BLOG" and see what comes up. If it's not in Chinese or Afrikaans, I will read it. Yours came up today. I am not a birder and never will be, because I am hard of hearing and can't tell where the cute li'l thing is perched. But I know some birders; good people, all of them. My husband and I have bird feeders in our yard and keep the water in the bird baths moving and clean. We have had no hummingbirds this year for some reason and miss them terribly.

Richard Dunn said...

that's the first time I've been up next! thanks for stopping by, and the comment. I used to blog a bit, bit it became a bit of a chore so now it is no more...

Linda said...

Beautiful photos!

Richard Dunn said...

Thanks Linda