Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18 2011

After hearing about an Eastern Black Redstart phoenicuroides on Holy Island on Wednesday and being at work from dawn till dusk on Thursday, an early finish today gave me the chance to get and see the bird.  And it really was, “widely appreciated”.

Eastern Black Redstart Eastern Black Redstart Eastern Black Redstart

Initially it was distant, but after all of the birders left, leaving just two photographers (me & Chris), the bird came to us. What a stunner!

Holy Island CIMG2056

As the light started to go, we stood at the causeway watching the flocks of Starling coming in to roost, a lot more than the five thousand that were at Chevington on Saturday.

2 comments:

Chris B said...

Nice pics, I haven't sorted mine out yet. Went back on Saturday and I'd estimate between 6-8,000 Starlings came in to roost. Chris

Chris B said...

Nice pictures and a cracking bird to watch, I haven't sorted mine out yet.

Went back on Saturday and I'd estimate 6-8,000 Starlings came into the roost. Chris